Tuesday 5 March 2013

What Doesn't Kill You

My brother had always told me to stay away from the Shepard house. He had never really gotten along with Tim, but when Angela found me at lunch Friday and invited me to a party she was having I couldn't help but agree to go. I showed up just before midnight. The house was filled with people, mostly from Tim's gang with a few of Curly and Angela's friends thrown into the mix. I wasn't surprised that I didn't see anybody I knew there, our gang doesn't usually venture to this side of town, expect Dallas who has a man-crush on Tim. I walked around looking for Angela, or anyone I recognized.

That's when I spotted him. He was sitting at a table playing poker with a group of guys from the Shepard's outfit. I took in the look of triumph on his face as he laid down a winning hand, the way the cigarette hung carelessly from his mouth, and the bleach blonde tramp who was sitting contently on his lap, running her fingers threw his hair and nibbling at his neck. I couldn't help but roll my eyes. Slutzilla would most likely end the night by heading with him back to his room, I however would never be more than his sisters friend. 

"Do you want to dance?" I looked up to see a guy standing beside me. I had never seen him around before, but he was older than me, probably closer to Darry's age. I shrugged, thankful for the distraction and followed him onto the dance floor. He kept pulling me closer to him, while trying to hike my skirt up just below my ass. After a couple hours of drinks, pills and polite flirting he lead me into the closest room he could find. 

"Why don't you come with me to my place." He stood in front of me pressing me ageist the wall. 

"Thanks for the offer." I said, faking a smile. I looked around the room, trying to figure out how long it would take me to make it to the door. I could hear the party in full force on the other side of the thin wall, and contemplated how I was going to join it. 

"Thank you for tonight Chad. I had fun." I tried to move away from him. 

"It's no problem." He said as he grabbed my wrist. "Where are you going? I thought you were coming over to my place for some more fun". He got this look in his eyes and suddenly my heart was pounding at eighty miles per hour and my adrenalin was pumping. 

"No, that's alright. I think I'm just going to go to sleep." I said, trying to keep myself calm. I was stuck in in a room with a guy twice my size and music so loud that nobody would hear my cries for help. Chad wasn't letting go of my wrist. This is what you get the little voice in the back of my head mocked me. 

"Why would you sleep when you could have fun with me?" His grip on my wrist was too tight, it was starting to hurt...a lot. 

"You're hurting my wrist, let go." I said through clenched teeth. I was trying not to let the pain show through my voice. He pulled me back into him and grabbed my face in his hands. He pressed me down into the wall and started to kiss me hard. I could feel the tears begin to flow down my cheeks, as I tried to move my head away from him. He moved his hands, from my face, and pinned my hands down at the sides. I couldn't move my head away either, since he was pressing it back into the wall with his head. That's when I heard the door open. Someone grabbed his shirt and I heard him scream. He screamed like a little girl. I opened my eyes and saw Dally holding Chad's shirt by the collar and started punching him. I ran out of the room and into the yard, but not before I heard Dally start screaming at Chad. 

"DON'T YOU EVER, EVER GO NEAR HER AGAIN, YOU HEAR ME?" I curled over at the end of the driveway just as the vomit began to come. My mind was racing as I emptied the contents of my stomach on the asphalt, if Dally hadn't showed up, I didn't want to think of what would've happened. I heard Dally calling my name from the front door as I sat on the ground and cried uncontrollably.

"Blair! BLAIR! WHERE ARE YOU?!" I heard him run over to me. He stopped just in front of me, examining me with a worried expression. "Are you alright? Did he hurt you?!" He asked frantically. I didn't say anything, my mind still racing. I waited for him to tell me how stupid I am, or call me a dirty name, but instead he took me into his arms and cradled me in his chest.

"I would never have let anything happen to you." He whispered. I opened my mouth to tell him, he couldn't always be there and I know all to well what would've happened if he hadn't have come. Before I could say any of this I was cut off by my own sobs and hyperventilating. "I said I would never let anything happen to you, and I mean it." He said, looking straight into my eyes. 

"I'm sorry I caused you all this trouble," I started crying again, and he just held me there.

8 comments:

  1. Man crush?!! I don't have a man crush hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya know those life alert buttons that old people have in case of a heart attack? We should get those..so you can press it and the gang comes running XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha pretty much eh so far I've just been lucky I'm always in the right place at the right time

      Delete
  3. Y'know, I should install one of those trackers in you. I'll show up when you least expect it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys can't keep her locked up in a tower forever. This is bound to happen one day again, she just needs to learn what to do in a situation like this one. Be able to take care of herself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Kitty. See us girls don't need bodyguards, we just have to know how to handle shit ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, I'm glad Dal was there, but at the same time... She needs to learn to cut somebody. We should all just take a gun course, kick boxing, self defense or something.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sodas idea takes the cake. Lol

    ReplyDelete